Kirjoittaja Aihe: HJK - Celtic, the UEFA Champions League Third Qualifying Round  (Luettu 13310 kertaa)

Poissa JM-07

• Forum Admin
  • My Lucky Number ** 7 **
Wellcome to Helsinki, Celtic fans! If you have something to ask about Helsinki or HJK, please do it at this forum. We try to help, if we only can.  :ylos:
« Viimeksi muokattu: 22.07.12 - klo:16:53 kirjoittanut JM-07 »
# 7 * * Jere Sr * * Suomen parhaat syötöt, HJK 1999-2003

Poissa Paul

• Celtic Fan
Hey Lads

Looking forward to our upcoming games HJK Helsinki and Celtic FC. I remember playing you about 10 years ago and we just sneaked a win. I was wondering if any of you could answer a few questions for me. I am doing an article on the upcoming games. Thanks in advance.

1) What does HJK stand for?
2) Who is your star player? The one who you think will cause us most trouble?
3) How much do you know about Celtic FC? Who do you think our best player is?
4) Were we a team you were hoping to avoid in the draw? or Did you see us as one of the weaker teams?
5) Do you think your squad this seasons is as strong as the team that beat Schalke 04 last year?
6) HJK seem to make a habit out of comfortably beating teams from Countries lower ranked than Finland. Yet over the last three years you have not beaten a team from a Country ranked higher. Why do you think this is?
7) Prediction time, who do you think will win the games?
8) Where is a good place to go for a pint in Helsinki?

Hail hail, hope for a couple of great games.

Poissa Markku

• Forum Admin
Hello Paul!

Looking forward to our upcoming games HJK Helsinki and Celtic FC. I remember playing you about 10 years ago and we just sneaked a win. I was wondering if any of you could answer a few questions for me. I am doing an article on the upcoming games. Thanks in advance.

Lainaus
1) What does HJK stand for?

Helsingin Jalkapalloklubi = Helsinki Football Club

Lainaus
2) Who is your star player? The one who you think will cause us most trouble?

I think I'll say Atik Ismail who scored against Liverpool. That was 30 years ago, though :).
I haven't had a chance to see HJK playing for almost two months now, so I don't know who's really fit right now. But I might choose the young Joel Pohjanpalo (to whom Liverpool actually made a bid for a contract but who said no!). You can check out his league debut here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibHRquIsXkg

Lainaus
3) How much do you know about Celtic FC? Who do you think our best player is?

This depends on who you are asking, of course. ;)
I'm afraid I personally don't know too much about the current Celtic FC. Premier League champs, obviously. With a quick glimpse, not too many familiar names in the squad, either. But Celtic is one of those European teams that just about every Finn interested in football does recognise.

The best player is obviously Henke Larsson! 8)

Lainaus
4) Were we a team you were hoping to avoid in the draw? or Did you see us as one of the weaker teams?

There are several different, even opposite reasons for hoping to avoid or not to avoid some team. You certainly weren't seen as a weaker team, so in that sense we may have hoped to avoid you. On the other hand, it's always nice to have a well-known team in these games (see answer 3), and chances are that we might easily have a full house (which is not that much, though: some 11 000).

Lainaus
5) Do you think your squad this seasons is as strong as the team that beat Schalke 04 last year?

We've lost quite a few of our top players from last year and have not been that convincing in this year's league, either. On the other hand, 7-0 on the previous round promises good.

Lainaus
6) HJK seem to make a habit out of comfortably beating teams from Countries lower ranked than Finland. Yet over the last three years you have not beaten a team from a Country ranked higher. Why do you think this is?

This is quite wrong. You just mentioned that we did beat Schalke 04!
Well, obviously the ranking is based on something, isn't it?

Lainaus
7) Prediction time, who do you think will win the games?

HJK, of course ;).

Lainaus

Again, depends on whom you're asking. My personal favourite is St. Urho's Pub just behind the National Museum (http://goo.gl/maps/nEqm). But I'm not sure how long you'll stay in if you start chanting there ;). Let's hear second opinions.

By the way... Last time Celtic visited Helsinki, we actually played a friendly fan game before the qualification game. Do you think something like that might be possible this year, too?

Poissa Paul

• Celtic Fan
Question 6, I meant over both games and qualifying for the next round. Schalke 04 still qualified. God we would have a decent Euro record then.  Beat SC Braga at home the year they made the Europa League final and FC Utrecht of Holland, but both teams knocked us out. Looking at the last 3 years you knocked out FK Ekranas(Lituhania), Bangor(Wales) and now KR Reykjavik(Iceland). Teams you knocked you out Schalke 04(Germany), Besiktas(Turkey), EK Partizan(Serbia) and Dinamo Zagreb(Croatia). It seems that when you are favourites, you win convincingly and when you are not, you lose. Do you think it is a mentality think? Being Irish myself, I look at the progress my local teams are going through. Only 4 years ago we were the whipping boys of Europe. Now a couple of teams have stepped up and won a few it is almost disappointing when they lose. Just wondering what your thoughts are on it.

Don't know if I will personally be making it to Helsinki, though I am certain the lads would be up for a friendly game. It happens all the time.

Thanks for responding!!!

Poissa mike--2000--

• Forza Member
  • Forza HJK!
Lainaus

Again, depends on whom you're asking. My personal favourite is St. Urho's Pub just behind the National Museum (http://goo.gl/maps/nEqm). But I'm not sure how long you'll stay in if you start chanting there ;). Let's hear second opinions.

Hi Paul !

Going out for a pint or two is not cheap in Finland and complaining about the prices is a popular Finnish pastime, but compared to (say) London or New York City the prices aren't that bad.

You may like it outside the city centre area and head to the district of Kallio where bar prices are significantly lower. Popular places include Heinähattu, Roskapankki, Iltakoulu, Bar Molotow and Lepakkomies but there are lots more to choose from, just walk along Helsinginkatu or Vaasankatu. You can reach Kallio from the center by walking, by tram (lines 1, 3B, 6, 7B or 9) or by metro (get off at Hakaniemi and walk uphill, or Sörnäinen (Sörnäs in Swedish, "Sörkkä" in Helsinki dialect as we use to call it, and head west)). All bars in Kallio have to close at the latest at 2AM, whereas in city centre there are many that are open until 4AM, this reinforces Kallio as a 'party starting district'. The Kallio area is generally a bit rougher than the rest of the city and is as close as Helsinki gets to a red light district. However, it is a lot more tame than most 'such parts of town' in Europe. You will be fine there at any hour as long as you look out not to get in between a fight of two drunkards about who the remaining vodka belongs to.

Btw. Personally I saw Basel, Dynamo Zagreb and Partizan Belgrad much stronger teams than Celtic so frankly I was very happy about the draw. To be honest, I think we will win the games  :) Anyway, hope you have a good time here in Helsinki (or in "Stadi" as we call our beautiful home town) and welcome ! 

Public enema # 1

Poissa Vellu

• Forum Admin
It's nice that our lads has answered to Paul, who writes stories to a great celtic website, http://videocelts.com/.

I'm also very happy getting Celtic to Helsinki, as those others (Partizan and Dinamo Zagreb) would have been too hard for us.
HJK is not as good as last year, but I also believe that we will win.

Georgios Samaras is most likely the most dangerous player for Celtic, as he played very well for Greece in Euro Championships.
Though you have many other good strikers. But it seems that Celtic is not so glorious team as in Henrik Larsson era.

We have a co-operation deal with Gringos Locos restaurant very near Sonera Stadium. It serves also good food and has a large terrace.
http://www.ravintola.fi/en/gringos_locos_helsinki. And it's only some 400 meters aways from Football Stadium.
The old Olympic Stadium from 1952 is also nearby.

Bhoys! Welcome to Helsinki ! 

Poissa Paul

• Celtic Fan
Thank you all so much for your replies. I have enough info for a good article, which should go on the site on Monday morning.

Good luck in todays game against Honka!! I'll be watching as well  :forza:

Forza HJK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poissa mike--2000--

• Forza Member
  • Forza HJK!
You're welcome ! Looking forward to reading the article !

Good luck in todays game against Honka!! I'll be watching as well

Ehhhh.. calm before the storm, I hope...
Public enema # 1

Poissa Pekka#63

• Forza Member
Hello Bhoys! Could You take some Celtic View magazines with you to Helsinki. Specially if there´s articles about Celtic-HJK match.

Poissa Paul

• Celtic Fan
Hi Pekka,

I will see what I can do for you. Maybe I could just get one mailed to you.

Poissa Paul

• Celtic Fan
Unlucky in the games lads. I had a few friends went to Helsinki for the game there and they said the Helsinki fans were awesome and made the trip amazing. I saw you got Athletic Club Bilbao in the Europa League, tough game, I hope you beat them. Good luck in the league and thank you for answering my questions.  :forza: :forza: :forza: :forza: :forza: :forza: :forza: :forza: :forza: :forza: :forza: